[Techtoolslist] More updates to ftp - FLUKE

Andre Huijts a.huijts at upcmail.nl
Fri Nov 16 17:40:13 EST 2012

WTF ?? I just hooked up a bare sub 9 connector to the 9100A and powered it up to check if the +5V was actually there because I didn't trust this....

Measured between pins 1 and 2. Nothing. No voltage.

So then I thought, maybe only when the video card is set up for B/W it will output +5V....

So I moved the jumper block to position Z1 and tried again....now I got something like 0,3V !

Looks like someone made a mistake in that schematic.....

Op 16 nov. 2012, om 23:34 heeft Andre Huijts <a.huijts at upcmail.nl> het volgende geschreven:

> Mmm, not exactly what I was looking for, but I already got the correct info.

> I must say it was pretty dangerous of Fluke to use a standard IBM CGA connector, configure it exactly like that connectors EXCEPT for pin 2 which carries +5V where the CGA standard says its GROUND !

> I think you might blow up the Fluke video card if you try to hook up a standard CGA monitor (not that these are very common anymore.....).

> I just figured out all the pins of the Sub 9 and the SCART connector and made a nice table, also including the 74LS04 as per Andy's suggestion for the sync. inversion.

> I assume I put the H and V sync straight into one of the inputs and then have that signals inverted on the outputs. However there is one more last step to make and that is combining the H and V sync because SCART needs combined sync.

> Can I simply connect the two outputs together ?

> Op 16 nov. 2012, om 22:46 heeft John Robertson <jrr at flippers.com> het volgende geschreven:

>>> Aaarrggghhhh,