[Techtoolslist] Crystal Castles ROM Address Range

Clay Cowgill c.cowgill at comcast.net
Tue Nov 20 23:15:54 EST 2012

Crystal Castles uses so-called bank selected memory, meaning that only a
portion of the total ROM is visible at any given time from a particular
address range.

>From a quick glance at the schematic, it looks like writing either a 0x00 or

0x01 to address 0x9E87 will switch banks of ROM. Put another way .1f and
.1h will appear in memory *or* .1k and .1l. 0xA000 (.1k and .1h) and 0xC000
(.1l and .1f)

You can write 0x9E87 with 0x00 or 0x01 from the 9010 controls to manually
switch banks and view/checksum ROM contents.

-Clay