[Techtoolslist] Long project this weekend

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Mon Nov 26 18:23:35 EST 2012

David Shoemaker wrote:

> I booted my 9100A up, rom version 2.2 and 4m ram. Doesn't boot.

> So plenty to do to bring it back from the dead.

David (and everyone else),

I have just discovered that the RAM test doesn't mean the machine will
work! The machine can pass the RAM test and still fail to load from
floppies or hard drive! My 9100FT was failing to load from either the
floppy or hard drive, so I was trying a number of things and finally dug
out my bag of spare RAM SIMs and dropped them in. Passed RAM test
(again) and then both the floppy and hard drive worked properly.

Put the suspect RAM SIMs on my SIMTest fixture and one bank is iffy...

Annoying 'feature' or bug in the self test code.

John :-#(#

www.flippers.com