[Techtoolslist] Samdisk looks very promising...

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Wed Nov 28 15:24:52 EST 2012

Andrew Welburn wrote:

> On 27/11/2012 03:08, John Robertson wrote:

>> David Shoemaker wrote:

>>> Do I need the service disk to format my machine to use 6.1?

>> Unfortunately the answer is Yes - you need a unserialized Service Disc

>> for 6.0 or 6.1 to format your drive or CFC card.

> I used the 1.4 service disk to install 6.0 on my fluke... as noted on

> my webpage :

> http://www.andysarcade.net/personal/tech/fluke9100/index.htm

> so i guess the 1.4 service disk is 'unserialised'. I keep hearing

> mention of serialisation, but to this point have not come up against

> problems with it at all.

What is interesting about the 1.4 service disk vs. the serialized 6.0
service disk is the 6.0 has a much more extensive directory (from the
image file). Unfortunately the serialization of that drive is the
problem...and ahving five 9100s I've forgotten WHICH machine the disc
was serialized for! Am going to figure that out shortly and then play
with the serial numbers or hand the project off to someone who is more
familiar with monkeying with this sort of thing.

Where is Corey Stupp these days anyway!