[Techtoolslist] 6800 to 6502 pod conversion...

Andre Huijts a.huijts at upcmail.nl
Sun Dec 16 08:38:34 EST 2012

Tried to swap boards and U5 this morning to see if I can fix the 6502 pod. One thing I noticed during all the switching etc. is that the ZIF socket is a pretty weak spot. I assume over the years a lot of dust and dirt have gone into them and also they lost their mechanical strength.

On my converted 6800 pod it really depends quite a bit where I connect the flat cable, depending on inserting it a bit higher or lower produces different kind of errors during self-test, on other spots, it completes self-test without problems.

I'm not a big fan of contact spray but I see little else I could use (except buying a new one) to fix the problem, but it seems to do pretty little for it.

Also, on the 6502 pod the interconnection between the two PCBs is very very loose. I read in the pod manual that the connector used is a amp 4-870221 but googling produces about nothing....
Anyone know where to get these ?

One more question: since you suggest getting a 6502A, andy reason not to go for a 6502B, which is 3 Mhz ?

André

Op 16 dec. 2012, om 12:01 heeft Andre Huijts <a.huijts at upcmail.nl> het volgende geschreven: