[Techtoolslist] Fluke 9010A Display problem

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Sun Mar 3 12:57:14 EST 2013

Jose Luiz Martins wrote:

> Hi !

> Today I've decided to put my 9010A back to work after 5 years.

> It boots OK, but the display is not showing some parts of some

> letters. For instance the K and V looks like I.

> I opened and performed the display test, as mentioned on Workshop

> manual, and everything seams to be right.

> Any clue on that ?

> Thanks

> JL

> ___

Haven't done the display test in years - does it check every segment? If
so, and the segments all light up as they should then you may have a ROM
issue where some of the ASCII code text in the text tables is defective.
That is just a guess, you can check against the code on the ftp site to
make sure the base ROMs are all good.

Anyone else with a guess?