[Techtoolslist] B&K 490 power conversion

Andrew Welburn andy at andysarcade.net
Thu Jul 10 20:01:23 EDT 2014

hi all..

  I have a B&K 490, that i got in the UK, but now i've moved to the USA
i need to run it on 110v...

http://www.andysarcade.net/pix/DSC_2706.JPG

The label indicates it may be switcahble internally between the two
voltages.. but i opened it up and stuff is not easy to get to..

The schems in my manual only show 117vAC input, not even the 234v stated..

So.. anyone else done this? anyone seen both taps? i dont want to pull
it apart further without knowing its actually possible, the frame is
quite compacted with stuff.

thanks!

--
Andrew Welburn