[Techtoolslist] VECTOR: Re: Kurz Kasch 309AC Cinematronics(/Vectorbeam - not) Exorciser

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Tue Feb 17 20:16:06 EST 2015

On 02/16/2015 5:01 PM, John Robertson wrote:
> On 02/14/2015 5:39 PM, John Robertson wrote:
>> On 02/13/2015 3:34 PM, John Robertson wrote:
>>> While I have some of the documents for this KK test fixture I don't
>>> have all - I am looking for a page KK Drawing #9350014 which is the
>>> self test signatures for the 309C card, I am having some incorrect
>>> signatures from it, and I've hidden my Cinematronics Exorciser a bit
>>> too well...time to dig it out I guess.
>>>
>>> I suspect the 309C is the same as the Cinematronics card, but can't
>>> find my schematics for the latter one either, just the PDF manual.
>>>
>>> Bah!
>>>
>>> John :-#)#
>> OK, the 309C is a relaid out Cinematronics Exorcisor, however the IC
>> pin outs are all different (same ICs). I did find a Cine schematic
>> and should be able to sort this out a bit more...however the original
>> document would be nice to add to the archives and save me a few hours
>> of tracing.
>>
>> John :-#)#
>>

> Further:
>
> Did anyone ever check the Cine Exorciser against the self test
> results? I am finding that the CLOCK has to be on the Falling edge,
> not the Rising edge to get the correct signatures.
>
> So the setup is:
>
> Start - Falling Edge
> Stop - Rising Edge
> Clock - Falling edge
>
> Another oddity (at least with my KK 309C) is that the 74LS163 inputs
> are all floating! Is that the same on the Cine unit (I still can't
> find my NOS one - too many boxes!) that you have? I would have
> expected them to be tied either to ground or Vcc (pull-up), but those
> inputs are not shown on the Cine Exor schematic either.
>
> John :-#)#

Should have mentioned previously that I am servicing a Vectorbeam board
- does anyone have the differences between the Vectorbeam and
Cinematronics boards for HP Signature Analysis (SA)? Took me a little
while to notice that D8 doesn't break the same lines for 1 & 16 and 2 &
15 on both versions. Makes SA difficult at best on the Vectorbeam
boards. Rather than spending time tracing the differences I'm hoping
someone here is willing to share with us the differences or the mods
needed to be made to the Vectorbeam board (or Cine SA tool) to enable
one to run the Cine SA charts...

As always, thanks!