[Techtoolslist] leland off road pal dump needed u85

Fabrizio Vasile fabrizio.vasile at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 16:49:06 EDT 2015

Il 16/03/2015 21:33, Clay Cowgill ha scritto:
>> I was aware of this possibility of dumping PLD like a normal EPROM but
>> there could be issue with some programmers.
> Shouldn't be.  It's a five volt part and since you're not writing data to
> the part the lack of OE shouldn't be an issue.  (I suppose if you were
> particularly concerned you could just buffer the output pins with a '244
> connected to the 2716's CE's and OE.)

/*I mean the programmer you are going to use for dumping a PLD as EPROM
must *//**//*actually drive the pins both high and low for this to
work.Some programmers only drive LOW the pins and use pull-up resistors
to force them HIGH.

Anyway, like Charles MacDonald explain here:

http://dreamjam.co.uk/emuviews/old2009.php

you can also read a PAL as a 27C020 EPROM using this simple adapter:

http://dreamjam.co.uk/emuviews/temp/adapter2.png

*//*/*You will get a 256KB dump that can be analized with his analysing
software in order to recompile equations in a GAL16V8 replacement*/
*/