[Techtoolslist] ROM Sigs the same on 9010 and 9100A ?

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Wed Jun 24 16:53:16 EDT 2015

On 06/24/2015 12:45 PM, Andre Huijts wrote:
> Maybe a stupid question but are the “Fluke Sigs” supposed to be the same on the 9010 and 9100A ? Or do they produce different SIGs ?
>
> Thanks, André
>

> André Huijts
> andre.huijts at upcmail.nl

As I understand it, the 9100 produces 16 bit checksums, the 9010A
produces a pseudo-random checksum called a signature.

Someone may want to make a conversion program for converting 16 bit
checksums into the Fluke signature - that would actually be handy.

Or you can use the FIDE program here (a really BIG thanks to James
Bright for doing this!)

http://tech.quarterarcade.com/tech/Fluke/9010A/FIDE.aspx