[Techtoolslist] Fluke 68000 Pod Problem

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Mon Jul 6 16:13:33 EDT 2015

The usual problems with the pods is the 40 (or whatever count) pin cpu
cable gets a break inside.

Unfortunately there are no schematics of the cables that I know of - a
number of the pods use the same cable, but there are others (all are 40
pin) that use different cables. See my list on:

http://flippers.com/fluke.html

If anyone has taken the time to figure out the differences between the
various 40 pin cables please post here and I'll add it to the list. I
suspect the main differences are the different ground connections when
using shielded cables. If that is the only difference then folks can
make up their own short cables (if they can't do twisted pair
shielding), or check with Shy at Navatek.com as he has a lot of Fluke
parts that he bought when the factory was clearing out old stock.

I have the test fixtures for a few of the pods, but no time to service
any, nor parts - perhaps Shy also fixes pods?? I'd start with him...

John :-#)#