[Techtoolslist] Looking for a 9100A VFD display

Andre Huijts a.huijts at upcmail.nl
Mon Aug 17 01:50:53 EDT 2015

Oh no..... ;( looks like the VFD display on my 9100A has dies and the worst of it is that it's my own bloody stupid fault....the front of my 9100A was pretty loose because of others before me opening it not so carefully and the plastic "clips" probably becoming a bit more brittle over the years.
I had put away the unit on about 1 meter high and somehow the front part got completely loose and dropped on the floor......the ribbon cable came loose in the process.

I think it is correct that one corner pin is clipped off from this connector ? it is on both sides as far as I can see.

Removed the VFD PCB but can't see any visible problem. I assume I should see some glow at the "bulb" end of the VFD ?

So....if anyone has a working VFD display for me please let me know.

André

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad