[Techtoolslist] v6.1 dd image

Andrew Welburn andy at andysarcade.net
Mon Dec 7 19:02:40 EST 2015

On 07/12/2015 14:07, Tony Jones wrote:
> Hey.
>
> Does anyone have a copy of the v6.1 dd image pointed to here:
> http://www.andys-arcade.net/personal/tech/fluke9100/index.htm
> "DOWNLOAD THIS" link (task 14) doesn't exist on the server.

I fixed the link, i had to remove it after someone said there was some
custom software on it, i finally got to checking it and no there isn't,
its a plain image with everything you need to get going.

> I ran some low-level scsi diags on the Quantum drive that came with my
> 9100FT and it's not sensing correctly.

If you are plugging this into a PC, you wont see anything useful,
everything will report empty/missing/bad.

>  So  I bought one of the
> SCSI2SD (codesrc) adapters and a box of DD floppies but one of the two
> 1.44mb drives I had gathering dust appears to be totally dead and the
> other I'm having no luck writing to (either from dos utils or
> teledisk). I tried connecting the Fluke floppy drive to the PC (BIOS
> configured as 720k) but that didn't work either.
>
> The above dd image, even though it's for a CF card should probably
> work on a SD.    Failing this,  I'll have to sort the floppies out.

Good luck on trying that out, i'm running CF here, i have not
experimented with SD. If you make it work, post your results.

> And on this topic:  I noted the above page says "First off, system
> v6.0 is the newest tested working distribution that works, 6.1 doesn't
> work because the images were made from bad disks, don't bother with
> it".

V6.1 disks are serialised to each 9100 customer back in the day i
believe, therefor the disk images on flippers wontwork unless you have
the 9100 they were sold for. Someone on here worked out a hack on the
disk images (including the needed and still absent latest service disk)
but has never shared the info.

> How does this correlate with  the "System_DiscsRV6.1" and
> "System_DiscsRV6.1_VerifiedOK" folders on flippers.com,  especially
> the second?   I searched for 6.1 in the mail-archives and couldn't
> find any answers.

Neither worked for me, ymmv. The v6.1 compactflash image that i created
came from a direct hard-disk lift from another working setup, therefore
side-stepping the serialised floppy disk problem.

> Finally, do I require a (scsi driver) ROM upgrade for the 9100FT?
> The FT mainboard is different from the A, no u46/u47.     I assume the
> equivalent FT is @U26,  mine is labelled v1.3 but I can't see anything
> but the updated 5.0 A versions in the archives.

I'm running V1.3 and have not changed them, because nobody has come up
with a later dumped chip. For reasons that should be obvious, don't put
a 9100A bios chip in the 9100FT :)

> Thanks!

enjoy

--