[Techtoolslist] 68000 pod question

Tony Jones tony at tonyjones.com
Wed May 4 20:27:11 EDT 2016

Howdy

Is there a version 3 or later of the 68000 pod manual?  The reason I'm
asking is that page 68000-2 of the [9100] Supplemental Pod Information
manual refers to sections of the pod manual ("pod-specific setup
information"/"pod manual reference") but the section numbers don't
match either version of the manual I have access to (v1 from flippers
ftp,  v2 in printed form).  It seems they happily renumbered between
revisions rather than appending changes to the end.

Page 1-1 of the v2 manual says it's for version 6.0 of the firmware
which I thought was the last version.  I can figure out the mapping
based on names, but was just curious if there is a later version of
the manual based on the above inconsistency.

Also, specific to the 9100[FT] does anyone know how to obtain the
68000 pod software version. It's not specified in version 1 of the
manual,  it's "4.36 Software Revision Level - Address F000 0012" in
version 2 of the manual.   I get "invalid address" when attempting to
read/write any of these pod special addresses (outside normal address
range).

I just fixed my 68000 pod and I'm trying to figure out what software
version it has based on info from this thread:
http://www.ukvac.com/forum/fluke-68000-pod-repair_topic342750_post888283.html#888283

My ROM checksums don't match those listed as v2 or v5 but the EPROMS
are 24 pin so they don't appear to be version 6.0 (based on later
comment in the above thread).

Thanks

Tony