[Techtoolslist] realtime clock on Fluke 9100A/9100FT

Dave Riddle enginr at windstream.net
Sat Jul 9 17:14:44 EDT 2016

I am having pretty good luck out of the Chinese Reproduction chips so far.
I do wish that they would put their own unique logo and real date code on
them, though.  Some chips that dried up completely for two decades are now
available again.  Wouldn't it be cool if we could get any or all of the
silicon we loved to design with over the years, again?  I believe there is a
genuine market for them, and it may exceed the original production's market
share.

Let's face it. Wafer fabrication, process and production technology has
improved over the last four decades.  With production care, the
reproductions could even be better (more reliable) than the legacy parts we
once knew.  And it's really not rocket science.

Dave Riddle