[Techtoolslist] leland off road pal dump needed u85

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Tue Sep 6 21:17:23 EDT 2016

On 03/16/2015 1:49 PM, Fabrizio Vasile wrote:

> Il 16/03/2015 21:33, Clay Cowgill ha scritto:
>>> I was aware of this possibility of dumping PLD like a normal EPROM but
>>> there could be issue with some programmers.
>> Shouldn't be.  It's a five volt part and since you're not writing
>> data to
>> the part the lack of OE shouldn't be an issue.  (I suppose if you were
>> particularly concerned you could just buffer the output pins with a '244
>> connected to the 2716's CE's and OE.)
>
> /*I mean the programmer you are going to use for dumping a PLD as
> EPROM must *//**//*actually drive the pins both high and low for this
> to work.Some programmers only drive LOW the pins and use pull-up
> resistors to force them HIGH.
>
> Anyway, like Charles MacDonald explain here:
>
> http://dreamjam.co.uk/emuviews/old2009.php
>
> you can also read a PAL as a 27C020 EPROM using this simple adapter:
>
> http://dreamjam.co.uk/emuviews/temp/adapter2.png
>
> *//*/*You will get a 256KB dump that can be analized with his
> analysing software in order to recompile equations in a GAL16V8
> replacement*/
> */
>>
>> -Clay
Back to reading PALs.

On a customers Leland Offroad Track Pak I have a PAL16R8 (08-2) to read,
and it was suggested here that the 16R8 could be read with the correct
technology:

http://marc.info/?l=classiccmp&m=141212179614845&w=2

So, has anyone here found a way to read the registered PALs? Or do I
just need to look a little harder on MAME to find the decrypted PAL images?

Thanks,