[Techtoolslist] BoardWalker...

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Mon Oct 24 19:45:19 EDT 2016

I have just been in correspondence with the designer of the BoardWalker,
Keith Vennel, and he said:

/Unfortunately I do not have any of the software or libraries. I did
write all the software and did the hardware design. When the company was
being shut down I was let go and retained none of the software. Later a
professor tracked me down and sent me a Boardwalker with no software or
hardware. I still have about 20 marketing brochures but that is all. It
has been awhile but I remember how it all works. Do you have the PC
software that came with the unit? It was written in Pascal and use to
write directly to the PC's frame buffer. I believe Microsoft wrote a
interrupt handler to accept and display the writes just like they did
for the serial port. I would be curious to see if it still works. /
I've invited him to join TTL so perhaps he will and he can then chat with folks interested in this Tech Tool.

Asking permission to post the above elicited this response:

/You can share my email.  I will respond as time permits.  I will also
get the brochure scanned.  The device is a lot more useful if you have
the PC software./

John :-#)#//