[Techtoolslist] Fluke 900 Software Floppies... and more...

Jess Askey jess at askey.org
Fri Dec 2 16:13:47 EST 2016

Hey all.... if you don't have a Fluke 900 unit, you probably don't care, but John imaged his floppy set and put the disc images up on the TTL FTP Site... thanks John!

ftp://ttl.arcadetech.org/TTL/Test_Equipment/Fluke/900%20Series/900%20floppies/

These are raw images which are great for archiving, but they are a bit tedious to get put together and running these days. I have a little handy tip list here...

  1.  I extracted, blended and cleaned up the individual floppies into single .zip archives with the final executables and support files. John put them in a subfolder here - ftp://ttl.arcadetech.org/TTL/Test_Equipment/Fluke/900%20Series/900%20floppies/JessAskey-Cleaned_Up/
  2.  There are 3 items there.
     *   PC Software v3.1 - This is the latest PC software that communicates with the Fluke 900 in remote mode.
     *   PC Software v2.0 - Just because, use v3.1
     *   Library Software - This software is used to load specific IC data down to the unit for supporting of test sequences. It contains about 600 devices that are able to be simulated rather than needing to have a 'reference device'.
  3.  Some notes on the software
     *   It is all 16-Bit DOS, so you definitely need to have a Windows XP box or use DOSBox to run it.
     *   I have tested and verified all the software and it works on my system with my Fluke.

Im working on some new software for the Fluke and these copies are going to be invaluable for documenting some of the communication (and even getting some source code.... ps.. ping me if you have experience with IDA and Turbo C!)

Cheers! Have a great Friday.... Im headed to Indianapolis this weekend for the Big 10 Championship game! Go Lions! [😊]

Jess