[Techtoolslist] Realllly need a Z80/AA

Tony Jones tony at tonyjones.com
Tue Aug 8 13:31:43 EDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 10:13 AM, Andrew Finn via Techtoolslist
<techtoolslist at flippers.com> wrote:
> I believe you just change the cpu for a faster one inside the pod which is what I did with mine and it worked on arcade boards

There is a Fluke document describing how to convert to an /AA,  it's
on flippers ftp.   It's more than just the cpu.   Plus you also need
the 685461 grounded cable to replace the 585141 flat.

> I was repairing, but I read if the clock speed is too fast then the UUT might not function properly in that case you need the
> Z80QT pod but just changing the processor turns the pod into a Z80AA

I thought the AA and the QT were the same in terms of UUTs they would
support,  the only difference being that the QT obviously has larger
eprom code size (and thus a diff board design) to support the quick
tests,   same as with v6 of the 68k pod.

tony