[Techtoolslist] source for a 3 inch compact floppy drive

Paul Hogger simply.nes at btopenworld.com
Tue Oct 3 05:09:59 EDT 2017

The old amstrad PCW8512/256 computers are a good source for these drives as they have two of them and the computers themselves are pretty much worthless. I do have a drive left over from a PCW some where but I don't think it worked when I tried it in a +3 spectrum.

    On Tuesday, 3 October 2017, 5:05, John Robertson <jrr at flippers.com> wrote:

 On 2017/10/02 7:16 PM, teeray wrote:
>    Yes that is a single sided drive  HFD305S
>    I'm looking for a double sided drive.  such as HFD305D
>    Thanks

Like this perhaps:

https://stiggyblog.wordpress.com/2011/04/17/zx-spectrum-3-floppy-drive-belt-change/

Might be an unexpected source if you can find old Sinclair ZX Spectrums...

eBay #302415223831 - the UK seller has ZX in his handle, perhaps he has
drives for you!