[Techtoolslist] Fluke 68000 pod version 6 firmware

Tony Jones tony at tonyjones.com
Thu Nov 2 22:18:48 EDT 2017

On Nov 2, 2017 6:40 PM, "Ian Eure" <ian at retrospec.tv> wrote:

Hmm, I’m not sure what you mean by taking the pod out of self-test.

Looping the pod back on itself (uut probe into the test socket) normally
causes the pod to report to the mainframe that it is running in self mode.

How to defeat this and allow the pod to inspect itself varies pod by pod.
 On the 68000 its handled via the bit 6 of register hex 28. Other pods
require defeating a line to the probe head.

If your pod was made in 1995 given that rev2 of the manual is 3/89 I'm sure
you have the latest version.