[Techtoolslist] Xeltek Superpro 2000+ repair

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Wed Nov 29 18:10:45 EST 2017

Anyone using one of these, or has one in a junk drawer? Mine appears to
have either a bad 29F040AT-90 or 29F080T-90. Machine gets to Write
Memory OK! 7FFFF, in memory test then craps out saying Verify Memory
ERROR! 0 0 0

The device programs up to 2MB with no problems, but it gets bad writes
on 4MB devices Verifies fine though.

My hope is someone else has the sub-memory board (labelled SPABUF) on a
used/dead machine or has one or more of these TSOP style chips in their
junk box they would sell and ship to me.

I am going to get a newer Xeltek (600P) but this old timer (2000+) is
nice to have as a spare in case something goes wrong with its replacement.

Thanks,