[Techtoolslist] How do you send a hex file to 9010A?

Tony Jones tony at tonyjones.com
Sat Dec 23 23:52:00 EST 2017

On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 8:37 PM, Tony Jones <tony at tonyjones.com> wrote:
> There is an option
> "send a pre-compiled file to the 9010A base unit" which sounds like
> what I want but I can see no way to select the file.

Ignore, I figured it out about 2 minutes after posting :)

I assumed from the description that "send a pre-compiled file to the
9010A base unit" would prompt for the file.  Instead it fails with
"SYSTEM ERROR 5: Invalid procedure call or argument" and then the app
starts behaving weirdly..   You need to copy the hex file into one of
the scripts directories, select that as your script.  Then you can
invoke "send a pre-compiled file to the 9010A base unit".

I'm still interested in the XON/XOFF part of the original question.

Thanks and sorry for noise.