[Techtoolslist] 9100 probe calibration

Ian Eure ian at retrospec.tv
Sat Dec 30 16:21:36 EST 2017

I’ve been trying to calibrate my 9100 probe, and am running into problems.  I’ve tried two 9100s, two probes, two scopes, and haven’t been able to replicate what the service manual says I should see.

The manual says to hook the probe tip to the external trigger, and ground to the mainframe chassis; then, a scope probe to the cal out test loop and ground to the common test loop.  When this is done (and you start probe comp cal from the operator’s keypad), you’re supposed to see a square wave on the scope, which you can adjust with the comp trimpot.

On my main FT setup, I I’m just getting noise on the cal out loop: