[Techtoolslist] EPROM Programming Woes...

Joe Magiera joemagiera at ameritech.net
Wed Mar 28 12:33:30 EDT 2018

Jess,

I have an EE Tools Top Max and I often have the same problem.  What I have
noticed (and I could be way wrong here), is I think my cable between my
programmer and PC is suspect.  It seems like for short/quick things (verify
an EPROM is blank, or do a read of an EPROM), it works fine.  But for
anything longer, something hangs up and the programming effort of that EPROM
is screwed up.  But then if I have the cable as straight as I can, or just
one nice large smooth curve, it will work fine and I can program 20 EPROMs
in a row with no problem.  But then I bump or move the cable and the
programming will abort or hang up.

Just sharing my experience.  It would seem obvious to me to try a new cable,
but as yet, I haven't done that (go figure).

Joe