[Techtoolslist] ADDR ERROR @ XXXXh - LOOP?

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Fri Jan 11 20:25:19 EST 2019

And here is a new one for me, don't recall seeing that error message
before, nor can I find reference to it in the 9010A Operator Manual.

Pressing the MORE key gives me "ADDR BITS 0100 - LOOP?" so I assumed
this was some sort of a decode issue and will proceed accordingly. Just
thought I would post it here in case anyone else runs across this rare
error message which I assume was added to the 3A ROMs in the 9010, but
not to the manual - at least the copy I have...

(later) It was indeed a problem with some address lines. For only A7 and
A8 when loop reading @ 0000 (easiest - all should be Low) with the 9010
probe (set to Address) the Low light was flickering, not steady Low.
Turned out to be a 74LS367 that had two inputs that were somehow pulling
the lines slightly high. This did not show up when doing a ROM or BUSS
test - only in either of the RAM tests.

FYI