[Techtoolslist] 3870 adapter pod for use with 6800 pod

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Wed Mar 27 17:17:16 EDT 2019

On 2019/03/27 1:07 p.m., Brad Gass wrote:
> John / all - the JED files appear to be generated from OrCAD PAL, so my guess is that the schematic was also done in an old version of OrCAD (probably SDT).  I honestly don't know if they would open in more modern versions, and even if they did, if they require any custom component libraries it may be a dead end.  Even so, I didn't see a board layout file in there...
>
> I have a copy of the OrCAD suite from that era somewhere that may open the schematics (library issues not withstanding), but I couldn't say whether the floppies would still read or not (Kryoflux might be my friend there), and am not sure if it's a hardware keyed version or not (we had both keyed and unkeyed versions in college when I was an instructor - they used Rainbow parallel port keys IIRC).
>
> It would probably be easier to simply manually re-draw the PCB using the PNG files for reference.  Any of the free layout tools should make that fairly straightforward to do - how much interest is there in a replica?

Thanks Brad, that might help someone pursue this. I am somewhat
interested but have enough projects for the moment. I too was thinking
the images will make it fairly easy to build the schematics, etc.

I also moved the directory into the /FlukePodAdapters directory as was
suggested by Tony (thanks!) and removed a bunch of spaces in various
file names to make it easier on my FTP program:

ftp://ttl.arcadetech.org/TTL/Test_Equipment/Fluke/9XXX%20Pods/FlukePodAdapters/

John :-#)#

--
                  John's Jukes Ltd.
     Call (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, VideoGames)