[Techtoolslist] 9100FT RTC

Tony Jones tony at tonyjones.com
Wed Mar 16 13:45:13 EDT 2022

On Wed, Mar 16, 2022, 10:24 AM Kevit Desai <kevitdesai at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Tony, the system was in storage for five years, prior to storage it
> was fully functional. Recently I started the Fluke 9100FT and received the
> following message:please replace battrey in real time clock. The system
> failed to go beyond this message with no further function of keys or
> drives, and nor the slightest inclination to boot from the floppy drive,
> when I pressed:soft key,F2 &F4.

So from the beginning you had this hanging issue. This was not clear in
your previous posts!

You have an issue unrelated to the RTC.  The system should continue to boot
after displaying the RTC message.

When I removed the SCSI card and started the system, it asked me for the
> system disk, once all programs were loaded ,once again it would go into an
> unresponsive state.

This is not good.

I tried the service disks not knowing the credibility
> of the download, trying to access the time function, once again some
> functions were working some not.

V6 of the service disc is here:
https://github.com/ieure/fluke-9100-disk-archive/tree/master/NON-FACTORY/9100-SERVICE_CRACKED-V6.0__00-NG

The above site is the resource I would recommend for all disc images.

The above is a working (unlocked) image.  However certain functions work on
only certain versions of discs, iirc the video test isn't enabled on v6 but
is on earlier.

Not sure what is causing the hang, maybe someone else does?