[Techtoolslist] Major Havoc Fluke 9010 scripts?

davids at oz.net davids at oz.net
Fri Jun 3 05:31:28 EDT 2022

The guide helps, I was able to get the Alpha Rom's to test, though I am
getting different signatures if I do immediate mode (select page then do rom
sig) vs doing it in script code.  That is a bit confusing.

For posterity:
Alpha rom pages are selected by writing to 0x1740 then you read them in
addresses 0x2000-0x3FFF (1/2 a rom is paged in at a time).  And the watchdog
disable is key to that working.
00 = low 1/2 of the 1Q
01 = high 1/2 of 1Q
10 = low 1/2 1N/P
11 = high 1/2 of 1N/P

The memory map and mame driver mention paged ram, but the troubleshooting
guide doesn't do anything to page it for testing and just testing the range
0000-03FF then 0400-7FF (which leaves the block from 0800-09FF untested).

This is odd as the two SRAM are 6116 which are 2K each.  So this would need
a memory map of 0000-07FF for each device.  The schematics list a map of:
0000-01FF (1/2K)
0200-07FF (paged 3K)
0800-09FF (1/2k)

I need to play with writing to the Program ram select address 1780 and see
what it does to the SWZRAM0/1 signals.

An additional strange thing is in the trouble shooting guide it looks like
the are using address 0x4001 to select the paged vector rom:
60 = 1/2 6H
61 = 1/2 6H
62 = 1/2 6J/K
63 = 1/2 6J/K

The mame drive and the schematic memory map just list 4000-4FFF as Vec Gen
Ram.  The schematic page 6A shows 6J/K & 6H OE signals being controlled by
way of MAP1 going into the LS04 at 4P.

But I don't see on the source of the MAP1 signal.

David