[Techtoolslist] ftp site was down...and it's BACK!

Tim Matthews trmatthe at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 18:48:02 EDT 2022

Hi all. I’m the dude that hosted ftp until recently. The data is still there: the domain name changed. I do need to switch off the server in the near future, but for the moment you can clone the site as much as you like, then grab any changes John has to bring your copy up to date.

The ftp is still available at ftp://lois.kibble.cloud (usual anonymous login)

As I mentioned before I’m happy to TX the arcadetech.org to anyone who wants to commit to the upkeep.

The reason I have to quit this is the server is near EOL (the few 74series logic on it aren’t even thru-hole 😂) and it’s not making sense to keep some big iron in a colo any longer.

I’ve not looked at the traffic stats in a while but it might be possible to host this on AWS S3 or Azure blob storage free-tier even, and I’d be happy to help with that.