[Techtoolslist] Major Havoc Fluke 9010 scripts?

davids at oz.net davids at oz.net
Wed Mar 15 03:11:00 EDT 2023

Well of course things always take longer than expected:
Taking Douglas's script and Jess's information I was able to get a working
script for the rom memory mapping to work.

Douglas, the start from the Atari TG can be improved because they just go to
a "JumpL" at the end which appears to just jump back to 4000 and keep
looping that stat call.
Where from Jess' information it is better to wait for the HALT signal back
from the VG before we try to probe the memory.  So instead of:
!TG
0x4000=0x25 ! Why did Atari do this?
0x4001=0x6x (x being 0, 1, 2, 3 depending on the bank you want)
0x4002=0x00
0x4002=0xE0

0x4000=0x00
0x4001=0x6x (x being 0, 1, 2, 3 depending on the bank you want)
0x4002=0x20 ! Halt this one is probably unneeded
0x4002=0x20 ! Halt will notify the CPU that the VG is done so the MAP0 MAP1
should be latched now

write @ 1640=FF ! VGGO
!VGHALT is reported at 0x1200=0x???? ???1 (high on low bit)
	!aux Waiting for VGHALT
	REG5 = 1200
0:
	!Keep reading from 0x1200 and checking the halt bit until it is set
	read @ REG5
	!DPY cur = $E
	if REGE AND 01 > 0 goto 1  ! Got it, done
	goto 0 ! not set yet loop back to read again
1:
	!aux VGHALT SET

Another thing I don't know about is the 0x4000=0x25, I have no idea why they
did this in testing with my updated code having is 0x00 works fine.

Thanks for the help on this one getting my head wrapped around that part was
nice.

Now I have another screwy problem on a Major Havoc board but will start a
new thread on it

David