[Techtoolslist] Anyone use a Huntron Tracker before?

Barry Shilmover barry at shilmover.com
Tue Apr 18 19:21:49 EDT 2023

Hi all,

I went to an estate sale on Friday
<http://airmail.calendar/2023-04-21%2012:00:00%20PDT> that had a lot of
older test gear (mostly Heathkit and Tektronix stuff).  I missed a portable
fluke scope for $150 :(

I picked up a Heathkit CRT Rejuvinator for $12, then noticed a Huntron HSR
410 switcher that looked cool.  Based on a very quick google search and the
fact that it had all its connectors (with 3M clips, ribbon cables, etc), I
picked it up.

On Saturday evening <http://airmail.calendar/2023-04-22%2018:00:00%20PDT>,
I realized that the thing is useless without the Tracker portion.  So sunday
<http://airmail.calendar/2023-04-23%2012:00:00%20PDT>, I headed back to the
estate sale, and started digging.  Figured it was either gone or not there,
but as I was about to leave, I noticed something stuck in the back, and it
was a Tracker 1005B!  Got it home, cleaned it up, and it powers up, with
the CRT fully working (and cleaned up well).  Bonus was that since it was
Sunday <http://airmail.calendar/2023-04-23%2012:00:00%20PDT>, I got it for
50% off.  I ended up picking up 2 more rejuvenators for $6 each (hopefully,
I can make 1 working unit :) ).

Anyone use a Tracker before?  Need to test it.  I love that you can use a
known good board and a bad board, and compare them to figure out which
component is bad.