[Techtoolslist] Logic analysis and the Atari Test connector?

davids at oz.net davids at oz.net
Wed May 24 15:59:29 EDT 2023

I have a missile command board which using the fluke 9010 passes all memory
and rom tests perfectly.  Also can exercise the pokey with no problem.

But when I try to go to UUT the game just starts to make an explosionish
sound and then watchdogs.   Game mode and test mode.

Verified the WD is working correctly.

So my next thought was to connect the 16702B to the CPU address and data
lines and see if I could figure out where the startup goes off the rails.
Not supper excited about having to use the test clips on 16 bits of address,
8 bits of data and misc other signals.

Realizing there is that nice juicy edge connector right next to the CPU I
was thinking about having an adapter board made that would have and edge
card and then a set of pod connectors that I could just plug the pod cables
into directly.

Am I reinventing the wheel here?  Anyone done this and have any gotchas to
mention?

Or am I over thinking this and should just get a 40 pin glomper clip and
attach to the top of the CPU? And connect to that?

David