[Techtoolslist] Data I/O Unisite - Issues

Steve Larkins steve at ukaudiovisual.co.uk
Mon Jul 24 15:24:05 EDT 2023

Hey all
I am hoping someone can help me with my Dat I/O Unisite. I have had this
for a really long time but got it on the bench a month or so back to use it
and it would not pass the self test.

I ended up getting a fatal error reported on the com port via telnet and
based on someone else's suggestion I tried replacing the floppy controller.
This worked and got the system to the point where it reported a boot disk
fail.

I used a gotek with flash floppy and copied over a boot disk which then
allowed me to get the system to boot but with a mass storage unit failure.
I replace the original PCMCIA hard drive with a PCMCIA Flash adapter (Added
a jumper to the adapter to allow it to work) and got it to pass a self test.

I am now trying to transfer the system software via the \configure
system\Mass Storage\Install new version of software and it fails at
Algorithm set 3 disk.
I have successfully transferred the 9.4 software disk, alg#1 disk, alg#2
disk but when it prompts me for alg#3 disk it tries to read from drive 0
rather than drive 1 like it did for the other alg disks.

I have tried to switch disk 0 to alg#3 but it stops responding to the
"enter" on the terminal and I have to press "^Z" to abort which it does.

Even after this process off transferring the system software I cannot boot
from the mass storage unit and it asks for a valid boot disk. Has the
installation not completed caused this?

Can anyone help?

Regards
Steve