[Town Meeting] Rules of the list

Rich Carreiro rlcarr at animato.arlington.ma.us
Fri Apr 28 00:40:02 EDT 2006

Sorry to trouble you all with another administrative posting, but
since 35+ people were very recently added to the list, I figured it
would be a good time to review the rules.

First, this list is NOT a discussion list.  As created by the previous
owner (David Coletta), it is not for continuing TM debate and I am
maintaining that policy.  It is a document distribution list.
Consider it an alternative way to distribute the types of things you'd
leave on people's seats.

Second, the list is moderated (by me).  So when you post, there will
be a delay before your post gets out to everyone.  If I reject a post,
you will receive emailed notice of the rejection.  My accept/reject
test is basically "is this something I'd expect to see on our seats at
TM".  To post, simply send your email to townmeeting at arlingtonlist.org
-- you do not have to send it to me to forward to the list.

Third, only people allowed to sit in the enclosure are allowed to post
to the list (only list members can post to the list and I don't add
anyone as a member if they aren't a TMM or someone else allowed in the
enclosure).  However, the list archives are public.

Again, sorry to bother you, but I wanted to make sure everyone
is on the same page.

Rich Carreiro                            rlcarr at animato.arlington.ma.us