[Town Meeting] Community input at the next financial summit

Annie LaCourt annie at lacourt.net
Sun Jun 3 22:13:15 EDT 2007

Dear Town Meeting Members,

Last January all the elected officials of the town, the finance committee, the Town manager and the superintendent of schools held a financial summit meeting to look at towns projected financial picture for the next 5 to 7 years. A number of challenges were identified. Two commitments were made - to conitnue the process and to find ways to involve the larger community. On June 14th from 7 to 9 pm in the Town Hall the next financial summit meeting will be held and it is planned as a community input meeting. The evening will consist of a presentation of the scope of the challenges and small group discussions. I would like in invite all those you who are concerned about the town's financial picture to attend. This will be an oportunity to tell town officials what you believe the town's most important priorities are and to offer your ideas for meeting the challenges ahead. The small group format that we plan on using will ensure that everyone will have a chance to speak their mind. Please feel free to ask me any questions about the plan for the evening on or off list. I hope to see many of you there!

yours,
Annie LaCourt
Chair
Arlington Board of Selectmen