[Town Meeting] Article 19 Substitute Motion

John Maher JMaher at town.arlington.ma.us
Wed Apr 30 08:44:29 EDT 2008

I will counsel against favorable consideration of this substitute motion. Making changes to the warrant text overlooks the fact that the warrant article serves only as an agenda item. In my 33 years of reviewing votes I have never seen this done and it will be totally confusing to the town meeting many of whom will not have the warrant in front of them. I will advise the Moderator to rule it out of order until it is done properly and in accordance with long standing practice.