[Town Meeting] Fw: Re: Town Meeting Members email address (fwd)

Rich Carreiro rlcarr at rlcarr.com
Thu Jun 4 10:35:32 EDT 2009

FYI...

--
Rich Carreiro rlcarr at rlcarr.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 09:26:27 -0400
From: Diane Mahon <dianemahon at comcast.net>
To: The Arlington List <arlington at arlingtonlist.org>
Cc: Rich Carreiro <rlcarr at rlcarr.com>
Subject: Fw: Re: [arlington] Town Meeting Members email address

After discussions/emails with the Town Manager, Town Moderater, Town Webmaster and Assistant Town Clerk, here's the *game plan* for collecting TMMs email addresses for the Clerk's Office the Town Website:

The first 2 nights of Town Meeting, paper forms will be at the back table for TMMs to update all their info, plus add email if they like. The completed forms will be placed into a box for Stephanie Lucarelli (Asst. Town Clerk) to add to the existing TMM list she uses and that Joan Roman (Webmaster) posts online.

After the first 2 meetings, Stephanie will send Joan the updated TMM list with emails.

For the rest of Town Meeting the forms and box will remain at Town Hall and Stephanie will collect and tabulate any new additions at the end of Town Meeting. She will then give Joan the final list for her to update.

After Town Meeting, TMMs can update their information by going to the R/A Center and Make a Request/Update Town Meeting Info Form. This will go to the Clerk, who will update the master list, which will then be sent along to Joan to update online.

We are crafting a note for John Leone (Town Moderator)about this process and as a handout for TMMs so they have it.

In the future, the Clerk will add a field for emails to the re-election form. For new TMM, adding an email field for when candidates take out nomination papers and update their master list accordingly.

The key issue is that the Clerk maintains the master list and sends me updates as warranted. We are trying to establish annual times to do this to avoid a constant trickle of updates year round.

Any other suggestions/comments are welcome.

Take care,
Diane

p.s. to Rich: Could you post this info. to the TMM list you moderate? Thanks!