[Town Meeting] Fw: Re: Town Meeting Members email address (fwd)

Susan Doctrow srdoctrow at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 13:30:02 EDT 2009

I agree with both Alan and Brian. The permanence of the "mailing list"
address and other aspects of the system have the advantages they both
cited. It would be simple and convenient. I participate in other
organizations that communicate this way and it works very well. All members
are kept in the loop and it is easy to initiate private discussions with any
poster. If something like this is implemented, the person who manages the
21 lists should still check to make sure there is good (and current)
participation by all TMMs who use email. And, track down those TMMs who
haven't joined their precinct's list and ask them to do so. Perhaps each
precinct TM chair, or her designate, could help with that outreach each
year.
I, too, want to thank those setting this up, whatever system we end up
with. It is a tremendous idea for the town to provide an email TMM contact
option to constituents.
Sue