[Town Meeting] Blank motion forms for your use

Rich Carreiro rlcarr at rlcarr.com
Sat May 2 15:12:57 EDT 2009

I am forwarding to the list a couple of forms from the Moderator.
The .doc versions will be useful if you want to type your text
into them and print them out. The .pdf versions will be useful if
you don't have Word or Open Office and want to be able to print out
blanks for later photocopying or for handwritten motions.

The Moderator has also sent along the following explanation
of which form you should use:

Dear Town Meeting Members:

For you convenience I have attached here a Substitute Motion form and a
new Motion to Amend form. A Substitute Motion is made when it is your
intent to fully replace the Recommended Vote of the ARB, The Selectmen,
the Finance Committee , other Board or Proponent, or if you are the
Proponent to present your own recommended Vote. An Amendment would be
made when you wish to change, add to or delete wording from a
Recommended or Proposed Vote.

If you have any questions regarding which type of Motion you are making,
please email me, jdlmoderator at gmail.com, or see me at be fore the start
or the meeting at 8:00 pm. I hope that helps in clarification of Motions.

John D. Leone