[Town Meeting] Articles 4 & 5 of the Special Town Meeting, Capital Budget

Charlie Foskett charlie.foskett at foskettco.com
Thu Apr 28 18:10:35 EDT 2011

Fellow Town Meeting Members:

As I announced at the opening night of Town Meeting, I am suggesting a
postponement of Article 4 & 5 of the STM from Monday May 9th to Monday May
16th. I have asked Al Tosti to make that motion after the STM opens on May
9th. I am sending this email so that you have advance notice of these
intentions.

Here is the background for my request: Due to unavoidable business travel,
I will be absent from Town Meeting on May 9th and May 11th . Articles 4
and 5 involve the Stratton and Thompson School projects which are integrated
with the regular Town Meeting Article 57, the Capital Budget. These issues
are discussed in the Report of the Capital Planning Committee which was
distributed to the Meeting on opening night. The Capital Planning Committee,
of which I am Chair, has been intimately involved in this matter, and we
plan to give a presentation on both of the School Projects and the Capital
Budget. We hope to do this in the same evening and in close coordination
with the Thompson School Building Committee and the projects architects. If
the meeting votes to postpone to May 16th, we would do both of those
articles in the STM that evening, and then ask to consider immediately the
related Capital Budget (Article 57 of the Annual Town Meeting) after the STM
is closed and we return to the ATM. This will avoid duplicative
presentations and offer an efficient use of Town Meeting members' time.

I ask your consideration of this issue when moved by Mr. Tosti.

Thank you in advance for your help on this matter.

Charlie Foskett
TMM Pct. 8

Charles T. Foskett

101 Brantwood Road