[Town Meeting] New Town Meeting Email List Serve - IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

John D. Leone, Moderator jdlmoderator at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 14:23:34 EDT 2015

*Town Meeting Members Email List Is Moving – New Submission Guidelines*

With the upcoming Town Meeting we will be taking advantage of the Town’s
new email notification system and are migrating the Town Meeting Member
email list to it at this time.   This will allow the general public, as
well as Town Meeting Members  to receive the documents posted tot eh list.
It will also take away some of the administrative work for the Moderator.

Town Meeting Members can now more easily subscribe/unsubscribe. To
facilitate this transition, we are asking all Town Meeting Members to
subscribe to the *“Town Meeting Members”  *email list here:

*At the bottom of the page select the "Town Meeting Members" box to
subscribe.  *

* Please do this now as we are taking this email list off line shortly and
will no longer be posting to this list.*

To post to the new list you will have to follow these guidelines.

*Town Meeting Member Submission Guidelines:*

Materials to this email list are first reviewed by the Moderator for
appropriateness. Submissions must now be sent to: tmmmaterials at gmail.com
and follow the schedule below for posting to the list.

*1) Main Motions, Substitute and Amended Motion, * must be submitted at
least 48 hours prior to the meeting that they are to be voted upon;

*2) General materials* *relevant to a Warrant Article*, such as we find on
our chairs, should be submitted by 10:00 a.m on the day of the meeting.

All materials must be clearly marked as to who is submitting them: i.e.:
Name and Precinct Number, or which Town Department.  Unidentified materials
will not be posted.

*Town Meeting Member Email List Description*

This is a non-discussion list. The purpose of the list is to disseminate
materials to Town Meeting Members about Town Meeting Warrant Articles only
(substitute motions, presentations, etc.) in advance of debate and voting
so all members can be well prepared.

Although materials submitted to this list are restricted to members and
Town Officials, the public is welcome to subscribe and receive these
materials.

 If you have any questions, please email or call either John Leone or Joan
Roman.

Thank you
John D. Leone
                               Joan Roman
  Town Moderator                            Public Information Officer
  *JDLModerator at gmail.com <JDLModerator at gmail.com>*           Town of
Arlington, MA
  781-648-2345                                www.arlingtonma.gov