[Voxnovus] 60x60 Updates

Vox Novus List voisey-i at voxnovus.com
Thu Apr 10 22:56:17 EDT 2008

Forgive the directness of this update. It is a little hectic in Vox Novus
central.

-First ideablob has still not selected a winner. 60x60 was not first;
however, they informed they would be doing a background check on the winner.
When that was successful they would announce the winner. If not they would
select the next in line. The fact that they have not announced a winner
leads me to believe there is still a chance to win.

-Next, we are still receiving 60x60 submissions for 2008. The submissions
deadline for Canada has been extended to the 15th. Since the deadline is
early this year, the project is being extremely lenient with receipt of
submissions. The next deadline for the 60x60 project will be in December
and will be the new deadline date from here on after.

-We have created a Pacific Rim mix for 2007/2008 and the first performance
will be next week 8:00 PM Friday April 18th, 2008 at Mills College. PLEASE
NOTE the date of this performance has changed! I will be attending this
concert. I hope I will get to meet so many of the composers in the Bay area
I have corresponded with these past few years.

-Speaking of people in the Bay area, I want to highlight a friend and ally
to Vox Novus. Culture Consumer has printed several Vox Novus T-Shirts; here
is a little story about the journey:
http://www.voxnovus.com/about/T-Shirt.htm
Please support the cause and buy a T-Shirt either online or come down to
Mills College and get one.

-Also more concerts. I will be attending a performance of the 60x60 (2007)
mix at the CSUF Second Annual New Music Festival, California State
University, Fresno, California 5:00 PM Saturday April 19th, 2008.

-And there will be a performance of the 60x60 (2007) mix Los Angeles Harbor
College, Wilmington, California 12 Noon Saturday April 19th, 2008 that same
day. (unfortunately I won't be at this performance, but if you are in the
area, please say hello to Rodney Oakes an old time 60x60 champion)

-The next double CD album of 2006/2007 containing 120 works from those 2
years is almost finished. One last hiccup and we are off to the presses.
Sorry for the delay. I hope to have them out for the end of April.

We have some great new venues and some fantastic collaboration coming up for
2008! 2008 is going to be a short year as the project is changing is season
cycle. The new cycle will be better for everyone in the long run.

Thanks for all your support! It is going to be another exciting year!

See you soon!

Rob

Robert Voisey
RobVoisey at VoxNovus.com
Artistic Director of the 60x60 project
Vice-President of Programs, Living Music Foundation
Founder of Vox Novus
http://www.VoxNovus.com