[Voxnovus] looking for feedback

Vox Novus List voisey-i at voxnovus.com
Mon Apr 28 20:53:31 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am back into the grant writing business. I have been encouraged by two
recent collaborators to go on a grant writing campaign. I just received a
Puffin grant for our Composer's Voice concert series; Puffin has been one of
Vox Novus's faithful supporters. More will come soon about the Composer's
Voice series. Meanwhile, I have received about 7-8 small grants in the past,
but this time I am hoping to reel in a couple of big fish. Especially for
60x60, there are some special things in store for that this year.

I do need help of course. most importantly I need your feedback.

The last time I applied for this grant I was told that they did not think
that the 60x60 project was a particular benefit to a composer's career. (I
am assuming because the composition is only 1 minute long) This was a long
time ago (the project's second year) and I the project has proven itself;
however, if I could get endorsements I think it would help me a great deal.

In particular I need two particular testimonials:

The first of composers/artists who are starting out in the career submitted
to 60x60 and how the project has helped or inspired them.

The second of artists who are well established in the field and can speak of
the merits of 60x60 compare to other work they know.

Lastly, positive feedback isn't key to me. constructive feedback is. If
anyone has a comment that they think could make the project better. PLEASE
share it with me. I hope that after 6 years I am getting the hang of
things, but I am always looking to improve. Some things are hard to
achieve. (i.e. an online submission engine) but I am striving for them.
others. well maybe other elude me so feedback is always crucial.

Thanks for your time and your support,

Rob

P.S. If you are an artist other than a composer, musician, audience member,
or new music enthusiast, your feedback is more than welcome. I would love
to hear from you!