[Voxnovus] A Busy Weekend - XMV - Composer's Voice and 60x60

Vox Novus List voisey-i at voxnovus.com
Thu Mar 27 20:53:23 EDT 2008

A Busy Weekend - XMV - Composer's Voice and 60x60

It is good to be busy. lots of stuff coming up these next few days.

XMV - eXperimental Music Video
Friday Night March 28, 2008 10:00 PM
At Collective: Unconscious
279 Church Street
Tribeca, New York City
This Friday we are having a music celebration afterwards with DJ Eric coming
all the way from Providence! From shorts to features, psychedelic to
abstract imagery, minimalism to edgy pop, and live performance mixed with
dynamic video projection, XMV runs the gamut of what to expect and not to
expect in experimental video and new music.
$7 General Admission
http://www.weird.org/

Composer's Voice concert
Sunday Afternoon March 30th, 2008 1:00 PM
Jan Hus Presbyterian Church and Neighborhood House
351 East 74th Street (between First and Second Avenues)
New York, NY 10021
Free Admission
http://www.voxnovus.com/ComposersVoice.htm

60x60
March 31st, 2008
Deadline for 60x60 2008's Call for Works
http://www.voxnovus.com/60x60/Call.htm
The deadline is early this year, so there will be some leniency for late
submissions. I encourage all to submit. There is some exciting performance
venues scheduled. I also want to highlight that we will be doing a special
Canadian Mix this year details for Canadian composers should visit:
http://www.60x60.yaeldad.com/eng.htm
http://www.60x60.yaeldad.com/fra.htm

60x60 online submission engine at ideablob
We need votes!
http://www.ideablob.com/ideas/1758-60x60-online-submission-process
If you haven't voted yet, please do. This is the best and easiest way to
keep things free at Vox Novus. We need people to register and vote for the
creation of an online submission engine for the 60x60 project. There have
been thousands of composers involved in 60x60. We should win with their
votes alone. The last day to vote is March 31st, 2008!
Please leave comments too.