[Voxnovus] 60 composers + 60 dances = one great hour....60x60Dance at Galapagos September 5th & 6th 8:00 PM

Vox Novus List voisey-i at voxnovus.com
Tue Sep 2 19:50:57 EDT 2008

An announcement from Jeramy Zimmerman
60x60's collaborator this upcoming mix

"It's barely September and it's already been a busy
fall...

Remember about a year ago when we put together 60
one-minute dances and 60 one-minute music compositions
and thrilled millions? Well, we're at it again...

Just a few weeks ago, we were offered an opportunity
to do an all new 60x60 to help break in Galapagos Art
Space's new digs in DUMBO. Just like last time, it
seemed a bit crazy, but it's worked out just fine and
we want to share it with you.

Here are the facts:
60x60Dance at Galapagos
Friday and Saturday, September 5th & 6th at 8:00 pm
Address: 16 Main Street, DUMBO (that's in Brooklyn...)
$10 suggested donation at the door (pay what you can,
we'll never know...)
http://www.galapagosartspace.com/events.html

Why you should come...60 dances in 60 minutes - even
your fast-acting mind won't have time to be
bored...You've frittered away your whole summer not
seeing art and this is your chance to make it up in
just one hour...Galapagos has a dramatic and beautiful
new space and you won't have to wade through hipsters
to get to it...don't make me beg...

If you need more reasons here are some for
Friday...Toby Billowitz, Emma Cotter, Leslie Cuyjet,
Chloe Douglass, Julie Fotheringham, Daman Huran,
Inbred Hybrid Collective Jackie Kook, Jen Kosky, Kelly
Mayfield, Erick Montes, Tara O'Con, Amiti Perry,
Kourtney Rutherford, Laura Shapiro, Margaret Schedel,
Amber Sloan, Jocelyn Soulet, Storme Sundeberg, Hattie
Mae Williams/the Tattooed Ballerinas, Carlos A. Cruz
Velazquez, Darrin Wright and Jeramy Zimmerman

...and some for Saturday...Veronica Carnero, Emma
Cotter, Stephanie Dixon, Elise Knudson, Kelly
Mayfield, Leah Nelson and Benjamin Asriel, Esther
Palmer, Adrianna Pegorer, Amiti Perry, Pascal
Rekoert/Flexicurve Dance, Adam Scher, Sintija Silina,
Nicole Speletic, Mandy Stallings, Alison Vinal,
Jessica Williams and Jeramy Zimmerman

I do hope to see you there. If you can't make it, I'll
cry on the inside but I'll understand. I'll even give
you a chance to redeem yourself when we take over the
World Financial Center's Winter Garden in November...

xo (really),
jeramy "

Thanks Jeramy! And for those who want to know the 60 composers for each
night (120 in all) Here's a hint:

60x60 (Evolution Mix)

Friday Night
Dwight Ashley, Greg Batholomew, Jay Batzner, Eve Beglarian, David Berlin,
Stephen Betts, John Biggs, Courtney Brown, George Brunner, Paul Burnell,
CDZabu , Paul Clouvel, Doug Cohen, Ron Coulter, Lucio E Cuellar, Douglas
DaSilva, Robert Dick, Aaron Drake, Mark Eden, Mortiz Eggert, Cenk Ergun,
Karlheinz Essl, Robert Fanelli, David Gamper, Doug Geers, Ramon Gorigoitia ,
Jennifer Griffith, Sean Hickey, Tony Higgins, Dorothy Hindman, Killick, Mary
Jane Leach, Leonard Lehrman, Stan Link, Guy Livingston, Eric Lyon, Chris
Mann, Eugene Marlow, Charles Norman Mason, John Maycraft, David D McIntire,
Jordan McLean, Christian McLeer, Leslie de Melcher, Jeff Morris, Serban
Nichifor, Rich O'Donnel, John Oliver, Frank Oteri, Alan Shockley, Bob
Siebert, Juan Maria Solare, Laurie Spiegel, Allen Strange, Peter Swanzy,
Eldad Tsabary, Jane Wang, Rodney Waschka II, and Dwight Winenger

Saturday Night
Aaron Acosta, Robert Allaire, Gilberto Assis Rosa, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz,
Sandeep Bhagwati, Ben Bierman, Daniel Blinkhorn, Benjamin Boone, Craig
Bottomley, Russel Cannon, Christy Carew, David Claman, Jesse S. Clark, Noah
Creshevsky, Chris Barrett Funf, Larry Gaab, Marji Gere, Daniel Goode,
Alejandro Guerro, David Gunn, David Hahn, Erdem Helvaciolglu, Cheyenne
Henderson, Lynn Job, Gintas Kraptavicius , Zach Kurth-Nelson, Joan La
Barbara, HyeKyung Lee, David S Lefkowitz, Cyprian Li, Annea Lockwood, Sean
Luciw, Mike McFerron, Katie McMurran, Todd Merrell, Polly Moller, David
Morneau, Julian Norton, Rodney Oakes, Junya Oikawa, Maggi Payne, S.J.
Pettersson, Gene Pritsker, Jeffrey Raheb, Reconsiderate, Dean Rosenthal, Dan
Sedgwick , Louis Sellers, David Ben Shannon, Alex Shapiro, Judith Shatin,
Nivedita ShivRaj, Patrick Smith, Mingzhu Song, Phil Stearns, Robert Scott
Thompson, Rob Voisey, Patricia Walsh, Simon Whetham, Garry Wickliffe, and
Brent Wilcox

So come on down. See the new Galapagos. Check out the brand new mix.
And have a great time.