[Voxnovus] 60x60 (2004-2005) album is a nominee for a Just Plain Folks award!

Vox Novus List voisey-i at voxnovus.com
Fri Jul 3 13:12:50 EDT 2009

The 60x60 (2004-2005) album is a nominee for a just Plain Folks award!
http://www.jpfolks.com/09albumnoms.html
The 60x60 (2004-2005) album is nominated under the experimental category.

After 14 months of screening and whittling Just Plain Folks Music has
narrowed the field down to the final nominees for the 2009 Just Plain Folks
Music Awards.

Over 42,000 albums were sent in containing 560,000 songs! Just Plain Folks
Music Awards received entries from over 160 countries and nominations came
from over 80 different countries around the world! We have Canada and the
US covered with nominees across 49 US States and 8 Canadian provinces.

Once you look it may seem like we have a huge number of nominees, but less
than 1/3 of 1% of the songs entered got a nomination and in the end less
than 1 out of 7000 songs will win an award. In addition, less than 1 in 450
albums will end up with a trophy. There are a lot of nominees simply
because they had the most music submitted in world history.

How did this music get picked? Just Plain Folks just completed 5 long
rounds of screening where we used 3 groups of judges to give us their input:
Music Industry, Artist/Writer, Peers, Music Fans

They only had 1 criteria for all of them: Does the music "move" you?

The 2009 Just Plain Folks Music Awards will be held Saturday, August 29th,
2009 at the Wildhorse Saloon in Nashville TN. You can get more info and
purchase tickets on the Just Plain Folks website.
http://www.jpfolks.com/default.php?page=awards#

There will also have a Pre-Awards Showcase on Friday night at BB Kings in
Nashville, TN.

Rob
RobVoisey at VoxNovus.com
60x60 Director
http://www.voxnovus.com/60x60/60x60_Vox_Novus_CD_2004-2005.htm

P.S. Any 60x60 participants on the 2004-2005 CD can contact me for more
information about attending or promoting the awards.

P.P.S. Oh yeah... Just in case if you never got to see the review of the
album in Circuit (done in French)... here it is:
http://www.revuecircuit.ca/articles/18_1/6.1-nouveautes-en-bref/