[Voxnovus] 60x60 Dance debuts in London July 24th at 3PM and 8PM

robert voisey robvoisey at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 19 19:39:28 EDT 2010

Hi All !!!

Rob Voisey here putting out a little personal announcement about 60x60.

60x60 has been playing all over these days. The past week we had a performance in Massachusetts, another in San Francisco, and another in Taiwan.

I know it is hard to keep up... even I am having trouble.

Now coming up this Saturday 60x60 Dance is debuting in London for a very special performance. 60x60 Dance is participating in Open Weekend. Open Weekend is a 2 year countdown to the 2012 London Olympics. 60x60 Dance is one of the groups endorsed by the London Olympics for this special event. Even more exciting is that we are performing at Stratford Circus, this is right wherre the Olympics will be held two years from now.

Since this is such a special event, I am looking to get the 60x60/Vox Novus/new music/modern dance enthusiasts to specifically rally for this event. I think that if we can show a huge interest this will help 60x60 with future gigs here in Europe as well as draw some more attention from the Olympic committee.

Here is a link to the London Time Out listing we got:
http://www.timeout.com/london/dance/event/194846/london-2012-two-years-to-go-60x60-dance

the details of the show and tickets can be found here:
http://www.stratford-circus.com/events/dance/60x60.htm

If you reside here in London (or near by) and or you know people around London let them know about the event. It is going to be fantastic. All the 60x60 Dance shows are particularly special and exciting but this one should prove to be a little bit more.

Pass the word. If you go to the Time Out listing you can put the page on your facebook page... and of course there is always the event page on facebook
http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=128332837198057&ref=ts

and for those not facebook inclined here the details ... spread the word!!!

60x60 Dance [London] / 24 July / 3pm & 8pm

Location
Stratford Circus / Theatre Square / London / E15 1BX

Created By
60x60 Dance (London)

More Info
60x60 Dance [London]

"An express without any delay....It's this kind of madness that makes the cultural world go round." (The New York Times)

60x60 Dance brings together dance and electronic music in an electrifying one-hour performance. This is a one-of-a-kind show, where each min...ute of the hour you will see a new composer and a new choreographer.

60x60 Dance takes 60 one-minute audio works from an international pool of emerging and established composers and assigns them to 60 local choreographers.

Eclectic by nature, 60x60 Dance offers an unmatched diversity of styles, making for a fast-speed, electrifying performance that never ceases to surprise. Dance influences will range from ballet to contemporary to salsa to roller disco, breakin’ and everything in between, while music includes neo-romantic, folk, tech-house, noise, rock and everything but the kitchen sink.

Vox Novus (NYC) represented by Producer Silke Arnold and Assistant Artistic Director & Dance Co-ordinator Adriana Pegorer in partnership with East London Dance present 60x60's European debut as part of the Create Festival and to celebrate the two year countdown to the Olympic and Paralympic Games.

Tickets at £9/£5
On sale here shortly: http://www.stratford-circus.com/ or call 0844 357 2625