[Voxnovus] Stone Soup from Composer's Voice

Robert Voisey (Vox Novus) RobVoisey at VoxNovus.com
Wed Apr 3 07:44:46 EDT 2013

For over a decade, Composer's Voice has presented the most electrifying
contemporary music of living composers and musicians.

For free. All by volunteers: musicians, composers, producer/presenters, and
in-kind contributions.
Now we are approaching our 100th concert.

That's a big deal!

We have produced and presented our chamber concerts with little or no
resources relying on the extraordinary talents and commitment of our
volunteers who have mostly been musicians.

To celebrate, we are throwing a party called Stone Soup. (Three concert
performances at 6:00 PM, 7:30 PM, and 9:00 PM) Attendees can expect to enjoy
an extravaganza presenting the greatest number of composers, musicians,
ensembles, and performers that we can possibly showcase at one time with
wine, hors d'oeuvres, and general revelry. During our kickoff reception and
two lively intermissions, we will ask our guests to support Composer's
Voice. The party won't stop when the last note is played: Join us at Pony
Bar, located a block away, for a festive after party.

Why Stone Soup?

The story of "Stone Soup" unfolds as hungry travelers come to a town in
search of food. However, a famine has struck the town's people and they have
no food to spare. The travelers boil a pot of water containing a large
stone, proclaiming it to be a delicious "stone" soup if only they could
locate a special garnish. The inquisitive villagers eventually contribute
vegetables, seasonings, and meat to make a nourishing meal that feeds
everyone.

The special ingredient is community!

Using the parable of "Stone Soup", we hope to pool our resources to create a
musical soup that can feed us all.

Here's why.

Composer's Voice wants to evolve our series to compensate performers for the
2014 season. We can do this if everyone adds a little.
What will you add to the soup?

Donate Now! (any amount will do)
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=6D6DSUK
DE82GE
Visit the page at:
http://www.voxnovus.com/composersvoice/program/13-04-13-Stone_Soup.htm

Contribute something for our raffle!

RSVP for the Stone Soup Gala on April 13,2013 to Support at VoxNovus.com
April 13, 2013
Jan Hus Church
351 East 74th Street
3:30-4:15 Play along with Douglas DaSilva
5:00-6:00 Reception with food and drink
6:00-7:00 First Concert
7:00-7:30 Intermission
7:30-8:30 Performance with Sound of Vision
8:30-9:00 Intermission
9:00-10:00 Third Concert
10:00- After party at Pony Bar

Looking forward to celebrating 100 concerts which produced the performances
of 1000's of musicians and presented the works of 1000's of living
composers.
Come join the fun and set the foundation for a prosperous future!

See you soon!

Rob

Robert Voisey

RobVoisey at VoxNovus.com