[Voxnovus] NM421 > April 27, 2013 - Concerts all over the U.S. this week

Robert Voisey (Vox Novus) RobVoisey at VoxNovus.com
Fri Apr 26 06:08:34 EDT 2013

Can't view this email properly? Click here for the online version
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/13-04-27.htm>
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421> New Music for the 21st Century

< <http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/13-04-20.htm> April 27, 2013
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/13-05-04.htm> >

VOX NOVUS NEWSLETTER - New Music for the 21st Century

> POSTCARD: Doris's Piano

Vox Novus Calendar

> PERFORMANCE: Fifteen Minutes of Fame - Washington D.C.

> PERFORMANCE: Composer's Voice - New York City

> PERFORMANCE: 60x60 Video - EMM Mix Premiere - St Louis, Missouri

> PERFORMANCE: 60x60 Video - Presenters Mix Premiere - Kentucky

ANNOUNCEMENTS

> RESULTS: Fifteen Minutes of Fame for Eugene Van Itterbeek

OPPORTUNITIES

> Fifteen Minutes of Fame - call for harp choir

> Composer's Voice - call for electric-jazz guitar and piano

> Composer's Site - expiring opportunities

NM421 ARCHIVES

Doris's Piano

Doris Piano
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/postcard/13-04-27-Doris_Piano.jpg>

Oh no, not again! groaned Doris. It seemed like every time she played Manual
de Falla's "Ritual Fire Dance" these days, the darned piano burst into
flames! Trying to ignore the fire, she bowed to the audience, but her left
hand brushed against the piano. Yeow!, it was hot, she thought, as she
recoiled and accidentally knocked over the piano bench. An annoying whine
from the theater's smoke detector interrupted the applause, prompting
several spectators to look around in apprehension. Doris worried that they
might leave before she got to the last piece on her recital, and a weird
clause in her performance contract stipulated that "payment for services
rendered is contingent on audience members staying to the very last note."
She righted the bench, sat down, cracked her knuckles, and began her final
piece, Jerome Kern's "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes." But the keys were hot and
getting hotter, and she found she had to play it a lot more staccato than
normal, which seriously compromised the tune's usually soothing quality. Out
of the corner of her eye, she spotted several people in the theater stand up
and put on their coats. She upped the tempo, turning the ballad into a
quickstep. With corresponding speed, the fire jumped from the piano to the
stage and from the stage to the orchestra. Two women shrieked in parallel
fifths, their palpable fear seeming to fan the flames. The fire moved
quickly, engulfing the rest of the downstairs and heading for the balcony.
By now, the black keys were smoking and too hot to touch - a real problem
for a piece rooted in B major. So Doris modulated up a half-step, then
stepped on the piano's middle pedal: the accelerator. The resulting
prestissimo got the piece to the final chord just before the ceiling
collapsed - and, presumably, before anyone made it out of the theater. Her
part of the contract satisfied, Doris staggered off-stage, with smoke not
only in her eyes but also in her nose and throat. Next time, she vowed,
she'd stick to Handel's "Water Music."

<http://www.davidgunn.org> David Gunn

<http://www.davidgunn.org> David Gunn
www.DavidGunn.org

Upcoming Performances

Fiftee Minutes of Fame
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Fifteen_Minutes_of_Fame_logo_new.jpg>
Composer's Voice <http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/Liana_Valente.jpg>

<http://www.voxnovus.com/15_Minutes_of_Fame/featuring/Liana_Valente/>
Fifteen Minutes of Fame with Liana Valente

Saturday April 27, 2013 2:00 pm

The recital is set for April 27, 2013 at 2pm in John Paul Hall. The full
address is: John Paul Hall The Benjamin T. Rome School of Music The Catholic
University of America 620 Michigan Ave., NE Washington, DC 20064 Fifteen
Minute of Fame with Liana Valente Liana Valente Admired for her work singing
traditional soubrette/lyric opera, oratorio and song literature, Dr. Valente
is praised as an exciting performer of new music. She regularly commissions
and premieres works written by emerging and established composers, appearing
in concert and as a presenter throughout the US and abroad. Some of the
composers with whom she has collaborated include Violet Archer, Derek
Healey, Timothy J. Brown, William Vollinger, Christine Arens, Judy Ross,
Marty Regan and Jason Lovelace. She is a frequent presenter at regional and
national conferences hosted by the College Music Society, Music Teachers
National Association and Sigma Alpha Iota and was a presenter at The
Phenomenon of Singing International Symposium VII held at Memorial
University in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada in 2011.

Composer's featured in Fifteen Minutes of Fame with Liana Valente inlcude:
Anna Aidinian, Erik Branch, Remigio Coco, Cindi Hsu, Giuseppe Lupis, Steven
Markowitz, Serban Nichifor, James Soe Nyun, D. Peters, P. M. Reilich, Juan
Maria Solare, Aurelio Scotto, Jose Jesus de Azevedo Souza, Anne-Marie
Turcotte, and Darren Wirth

Saturday April 27, 2013 2:00 pm
John Paul Hall
The Benjamin T. Rome School of Music
620 Michigan Ave., NE
Washington, D.C. 20064

For more information visit:
http://www.voxnovus.com/15_Minutes_of_Fame/featuring/Liana_Valente/
Composer's Voice
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Composers_Voice_logo_2012.jpg> Composer's
Voice <http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/Suzanne_Mueller.jpg>

Composer's Voice curated by Suzanne Mueller
<http://www.voxnovus.com/composersvoice/program/13-04-28.htm>

Sunday April 28, 2013 - 1:00 PM

Composer's Voice Presents Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame with Clarinet Thomas
Piercy and cellist Suzanne Mueller. Also music and performances by Lera
Auerbach Steve Holtje Christopher James Lynelle James Paul Joseph Barry
Kornhauser Susan Mitchell Nikolett Pankovits Tomas Rodriguez Pamela Sklar
Rick Sowash Antonia Szilagi David Wolfson.

Guest Curator: Cellist Suzanne Mueller made her New York recital debut under
the auspices of Artists International, as a member of the piano/cello
Elysian Duo, and went on to perform as half of its successor, Elysian II,
for ten years, before forming CROSS ISLAND with Ms. Zayas. She also
performed for a decade as half of McCarron & Mueller, with
guitarist/composer/arranger Mark McCarron. Currently, she is Beech Tree
Concerts Artist-in-Residence at Old Westbury Gardens, where she presents a
series of outdoor summer concerts with various partners She is also a
frequent performer on the Composer's Voice concert series.

Composer's Voice Concert Series is an opportunity for contemporary composers
to express their musical aesthetic and personal "voice" created in their
compositions. Started in 2001, the "Composer's Voice" concert series is
presenting its 11th of 31 concerts scheduled in throughout the world for
2013, Sunday, April 14, 2013. Information on the Composer's Voice, and more
projects of Vox Novus, access: http://www.voxnovus.com/composersvoice/home

<http://www.voxnovus.com/composersvoice/program/13-04-28.htm> Click here to
see the concert program

Composer <http://www.voxnovus.com/composersvoice/> 's Voice concert
Sunday April 28, 2013 1:00PM
Jan Hus Presbyterian Church
www.janhus.org
351 E 74th St,
New York, NY 10021-3798
FREE ADMISSION

60x60 Video - EMM Mix
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/60x60_Video_EMM_logo.jpg>

60x60 Video (2012) EMM Mix Premiere in St Louis

Wednesday May 1, 2013 - 7:00 PM

60x60 Video EMM (Electronic Music Midwest) Mix, a collection of one-minute
Videos created by students from Digital Studio, Washington University, St.
Louis will have a premiere screening on May 1, Wednesday, 7:00 pm, at Brown
100 Theater, Brown Hall Washington University, St. Louis

60x60 is a project containing 60 compositions each 60 seconds in length
presented continuously in an hour performance with 60 experimental videos
for each composition. www.60x60.com The EMM mix is comprised from music by
composers and artists who have participated in both the Electronic Music
Midwest festival and the 60x60 project.

VIDEO ARTISTS: Celine Bondoc (1, 23, 44), Andrew Catanese (2, 24, 45),
Hannah Gould (3, 25, 46), Jimena Gracia (4, 26, 47), Isaac Howell (5, 27,
48), Sarah Hull (6, 28, 49), Julia Kent (7, 29, 50), Leah Kucera (8, 30,
51), Qiyuan Liu (9, 31, 52), Rebecca Lothan (10, 32, 47), Ayesha Mohyuddin
(11, 33, 53), Alexandra Neuman (12, 34, 54), Catalina Ouyang (13, 35, 55),
Zlatko Cosic (14), Ji Won Park (15, 36, 56), Tucker Pierce (16, 37, 57),
Mary Reischmann (17, 38, 58), Martin Schoen, (18, 39, 59), Chang-Hyun Shin
(19, 40, 52), Jared Stein (20, 41, 60), Annette Sung (21, 42, 55), and Anna
Villanyi (22, 43, 49).

COMPOSERS: Jeremy Baguyos, Jay Batzner, Brian Belet & Stephen Ruppenthal,
Kari Besharse, Marita Bolles, Jason Bolte, George Brunner, Jen-Kuang Chang,
Da Jeong Choi, Andrew Cole, Christopher Cook, Ian Corbett, Zlatko Cosic,
Brad Decker, Greg Dixon, Benjamin Dorfan, Matthew Dotson, Ivan Elezovic,
Robert Fleisher, Larry Gaab, Jason Ernest Geistweidt, Peter Gilbert, Jacob
Gotlib, Arthur Gottschalk, Guillaume Cote, James Hegarty, Aaron Krister
Johnson, Noah Keesecker, Kevin Kissinger, Laura Kramer, HyeKyung Lee,
Patrick Liddell, Elainie Lillios, Stan Link, David McIntire, Christian
McCleer, Dohi Moon, David Mooney, David Morneau, Mike McFerron, Rick Nance,
Paul Oehlers, Michael Olson, Ken Paoli, Christopher Preissing, Michael
Pounds, Tim Reed, Anthony Reimer, Marie Incontrera, Philip Schuessler,
Steven Snowden, Jorge Sosa, Asha Srinivasan, Samuel Tymorek, Bert Van Herck,
Andrew Walters, Tom Williams, Joseph Vogel, and Robert Voisey.

May 1, Wednesday, 7pm-8pm, Brown 100 Theater, Brown Hall, Washington U., St.
Louis (building #16 on the Danfort Campus map,
http://wustl.edu/community/visitors/maps)

More can be found at: http://www.voxnovus.com/60x60/2012_EMM_Mix.htm

60x60 Video (2012) EMM Mix
May 1, 2013
7:00 pm
Brown 100 Theater
Brown Hall
Centennial Greenway
Washington University
St. Louis, Missouri 63105
FREE ADMISSION

60x60 Video - Presenters Mix
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/60x60_Video_2012_Presenters_Mix.jpg>

60x60 Video (2012) Presenters Mix Premiere's in Kentucky

Friday May 3, 2013 - 12:00 PM

60x60 Video (2012) Presenters Mix on May 3 at noon in the John Jacob Niles
Gallery of the Fine Arts Library on the University of Kentucky campus.

The 60x60 video features the work of Zlatko Cosic, Patric Liddell, and
Sabrina Pena Young.

The 60x60 Presenters mix is designed to honor and present those composers
who have helped promote the 60x60 cause. This mix of 60x60 includes the
works of composers who have presented 60x60 performances in the past,
present and future. Robert Ratcliffe is the audio coordinator for the 60x60
(2012) Presenters Mix.

Composers in the 60x60 Presenters mix include: Liana Alexandra, Ricardo
Arias, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz, Rich Bitting, Benjamin Boone, Scott Brickman,
George Brunner, Paul Clouvel, Zlatko Cosic, Douglas DaSilva, Brad Decker,
Paul Dibley, Erin Dougherty, Leonardo Duerto, Chris Flores, Douglas Geers,
Josh Goldman, Melissa Grey, David Gunn, Bruce Hamilton, Dorothy Hindman,
Yoko Honda, Lynn Job, Aaron Krister Johnson, Tova Kardonne, Juraj Kojis,
Patrick Liddell, Elainie Lillios, Moises Linares, John Link, Blake Martin,
Charles Norman Mason, Mike McFerron, Jeff Morris, Serban Nichifor, Rich
O'Donnel, Michael James Olson, David R Peoples, Kala Pierson, Christopher
Preissing, William Price, Gene Pritsker, Robert Ratcliffe, Robert Sazdov,
Jacky Schreiber, Nivedita ShivRaj, Alan Shockley, Juan Maria Solare, Adam
Sovkoplas, Adam Stansbie, Allan Strange, Eldad Tsabary, Katerina Tzedaki,
Jeremy Van Buskirk, Robert Voisey, Patricia Walsh, Andrew Walters, Rodney
Waschka, Aaron Word, and Sabrina Pena Young

More can be found at: http://www.voxnovus.com/60x60/2012_Presenters_Mix.htm

60x60 Video (2012) Presenters Mix
Lucille Caudill Little Fine Arts Library.
160 Patterson Drive
Lexington, Kentucky 40506-0224
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KentuckY
40506-0022
FREE ADMISSION

Calendar

<http://www.voxnovus.com/calendar> Calendar of Vox Novus Events
Fifteen Minutes of Fame
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/img/15_MOF_Bucharest.jpg>
<http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/Georgeta_Stoleriu.jpg>
<http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/Violetta_Stefanescu.jpg>

Announcing results for
Fifteen Minutes of Fame honoring
Eugene Van Itterbeek with
Georgeta Stoleriu and Violetta Stefanescu

Georgeta Stoleriu and Violetta Stefanescu have selected 15 works honoring
the poet Eugene Van Itterbeek. All the works selcted were insprired by his
poem BIENTOT.

BIENTOT

Bientot j'abandonnerai mon corp
S Je te remettrai mon ame
telle que tu me l'as donne
e clair de lune pur, non souille par la vie,
dont a present je la gueris.
Alors je me precipiterai vers toi
Dans ma premiere laine,
Blanche ou noire, non portee,
A la premiere aube,
Dans le silence matinal des sons de cloche,
Lorsque, non sollicite,
J'ai ete couche sur la terre embrumee.
(from "Fables, prieres et autres poemes"
Edition Les Sept Dormants, Leuven, 2001)

A very free translation of the poem into English is the following:

SOON

Soon I will give up my body
I defer my soul
as thou hast given me
moonlight pure, unsullied by life
which at present I healed.
So I'm down from there to you
In my first wool
White or black, unworn
At the first dawn
In the morning silence bell sounds,
When unsolicited
I was lying on the ground misty.

Composers selected for Fifteen Minutes of Fame honoring Eugene Van Itterbeek
include:
Rodrigo Baggio, David Brooks, Sheila Forrester, Paul Gelsing, Fermino Gomes,
Collin Gosper, Anna Imaykina, Francis Kayali, Alexander Kusztyk, Akmal
Parwez, Adrian Pop, David Ramsey Jr., Jana Skarecky, Pasquale Tassone, and
Christopher M. Wicks

<http://www.voxnovus.com/15_Minutes_of_Fame/featuring/Georgeta_Stoleriu_Viol
etta_Stefanescu/> You can find more information here
http://www.voxnovus.com/15_Minutes_of_Fame/featuring/Georgeta_Stoleriu_Viole
tta_Stefanescu/

Opportunities

Fifteen Minutes of Fame
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Fifteen_Minutes_of_Fame_logo.jpg>

<http://www.voxnovus.com/15_Minutes_of_Fame/calls/>
Fifteen Minutes of Fame

CALL FOR WORKS

Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: The Crane Harp Ensemble

Deadline May 10, 2013

<http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/The_Crane_Harp_Ensemble.jpg>

Vox Novus is calling for one-minute harp ensemble works. The one-minute
works are to be written specifically for the Crane Harp Ensemble. The
selected pieces will be performed in New York City on the Composer's Voice
concert on November 10th, 2013 Submission guidelines:

The Crane Harp Ensemble performs harp duos, trios, quartets, etc. and gives
at least one formal concert each semester. The ensemble includes students as
well as members of the surrounding community. The Crane Harp Ensemble is
directed by Dr. Jessica Suchy-Pilalis, professor of harp and music theory.

<http://www.voxnovus.com/15_Minutes_of_Fame/calls/#13-05-10> Click here for
more details

Composer's Voice
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Composers_Voice_logo_2012.jpg>

<http://www.voxnovus.com/composersvoice/calls/>
Composer's Voice
CALL FOR WORKS

Calling for works (3-5 minutes) composed for electric-jazz guitar and piano

Deadline September 9, 2013

<http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/Lis_de_Carvalho_Rodrigo_Baggio_01.jpg>

Vox Novus is calling for short pieces (3-5 minutes) minute pieces composed
for electric-jazz guitar and piano to be premiered by Rodrigo Baggio, guitar
and Lis de Carvalho,piano)at the EMESP College of Music in collaboration
with Composer's Voice concert Series October 20, 2013 in Sao Paolo, Brazil

For more information visit http://www.voxnovus.com/composersvoice/calls

Rodrigo Baggio <http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/Rodrigo_Baggio_01.jpg>

Rodrigo Baggio has excelled internationally in 2012, playing concerts and
having his music played in various countries around the globe. He was the
guest guitarist of Universite Laval (Quebec) in their 2012 winter semester,
premiering four compositions ("Serra Verde" - for guitar, "Suite Americas" -
for guitar and trombone, "Lampada do Operario" - for tenor, guitar and
trombone and "Ciclo de Improvisacoes Sobre Memorias Regionais" - for guitar
and tenor saxophone) commissioned by the great trombone player Dr. James C.
Lebens for that special occasion. Alongside the concerts, Mr. Baggio has
composed music for different ensembles and projects such as "Fantasia
Brasileira I" (for guitar) specially written for Prof. Brian Katz
(University Of Toronto). His piece "Three Insights Of The Brazilian
Landscape" (for Percussion) was one of the winner pieces of "Carl von
Ossietzky Composition Prize" at Oldenburg University (Germany). A former
pupil of Jaime Barbosa (Composition/University of Ribeirao Preto), Dr.
Marcos Cavalcante (Improvisation/University of Campinas) and Arrigo Barnabe
(Composition/ULM), Baggio is currently developing his own project called
"Guitar Solo" in which Composition and Improvisation are combined on a
particular way of instrumental performance.

Lis de Carvalho <http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/Lis_de_Carvalho_01.jpg>

Pianist, arranger and composer Lis de Carvalho started her Music education
with her mother, Dinea de Carvalho Ferrete when she was 6 years old and
later studied with piano jazz with Hilton Jorge Valente (Gogo); composition
with Prof. H. J. Koellroeuter; harmony, arrangement and Orquestration with
Prof. Claudio Leal Ferreira; Electronic Music and Synthesizer Programming at
Escola Sintesis; Advanced Piano with Prof. Maria Jose Carrasqueira. Lis
obtained a Bachelor's Degree in Philosophy -at FFCHL ( Faculdade de
Filosofia, Ciencias Humanas e Letras) and a Bachelor's Degree in Jazz Piano
at FASM (Faculdade Santa Marcelina). Lis de Carvalho teaches piano and
harmony, as well as the coordinator of the Jazz Piano Program at Tom Jobim
EMESP - ( Estado de Sao Paulo Music School). She has performed with the
following musicians: Paulo Moura, Raul de Souza, Lula Galvao, Roberto Sion,
Altamiro Carrilho, Edu Lobo e Orquestra Jazz Sinfonica, Quarteto em Cy,
Vania Bastos, Tete Spindola, Eliete Negreiros, Zeze Mota, Paula Lima,
Margareth Menezes, Walter Franco, among others. Lis de Carvalho has recorded
a Bossa Nova piano solo CD, for the MPBaby Series, MCD record. She has
launched a digital video class by HMP Publishing Company and recorded many
of her compositions in several CDs and DVDs with Celso Pixinga and other
mainstream musicians of vocal and instrumental music. Lis has recently
(2012) released her own CD Caminho de Dentro at the live TV Program Ses.

Composer's Site <http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Composers_Site_logo-250.jpg>

*

Huntsville Youth Orchestra
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3227> 's Third Annual Young
Composers' Forum - CALL FOR ORCHESTRAL SCORES
Entry Fee: 0.00
Deadline: 25 Apr 2013
*

Wicker Park Choral Singers - Call for Scores 2013
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/2872>
Entry Fee: 0.00
Deadline: 28 Apr 2013
*

2013 PARMA Student Composer Competition
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3360>
Entry Fee: 0.00
Deadline: 30 Apr 2013
*

Announcing the NYCC <http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/2778>
's 7th Annual Composition Competition
Entry Fee: 0.00
Deadline: 30 Apr 2013
*

CICTeM 2013 <http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3390>
Deadline: 30 Apr 2013
*

Festival Workshops June and July in Tuscany: Global perspective of
new music: Conducting, composing, chamber music, solo instruments,
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3086>
Deadline: 30 Apr 2013
*

Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: with David Bohn calling for one minute
works for organ <http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/1601>
Entry Fee: 0.00
Deadline: 30 Apr 2013
*

KONVERGENCE - CALL FOR SCORES 2014
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3041> - proposal for composers
until age 40!
Entry Fee: 0.00
Deadline: 30 Apr 2013
*

Maurice Ohana International Composition Competition 2013
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/1999>
Entry Fee: 0.00
Deadline: 30 Apr 2013
*

PARMA Recordings announces the 2013 PARMA Student Composer
Competition <http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3346>
Deadline: 30 Apr 2013
*

SNIM OPEN CALL FOR COMPOSITIONS 2013
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3339>
Entry Fee: 0.00
Deadline: 30 Apr 2013
*

The Livas Clarinet Quartet
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3206>
Entry Fee: 0.00
Deadline: 30 Apr 2013
*

Announcing the 2013 Composers
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/2781> ' Competition
Entry Fee: 21.00
Deadline: 1 May 2013
*

ARIES COMPOSERS FESTIVAL
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3320>
Entry Fee: 0.00
Deadline: 1 May 2013
*

Brian Israel Award <http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/2475>
Entry Fee: 0.00
Deadline: 1 May 2013
*

CHARLES B. OLSON YOUNG COMPOSERS CONTEST
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/2476>
Entry Fee: 0.00
Deadline: 1 May 2013
*

Five College New Music Festival
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3240>
Deadline: 1 May 2013
*

he Society for Universal Sacred Music announces a Call for Scores
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3056>
Entry Fee: 0.00
Deadline: 1 May 2013
*

Jeu de temps / Times Play (JTTP) 2013
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3062>
Entry Fee: 0.00
Deadline: 1 May 2013
*

Kansas City Orchestral Composition Competition
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/2801>
Entry Fee: 25.00
Deadline: 1 May 2013
*

League of Composers/ISCM 2013 Composers
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/2875> ' Competition
Entry Fee: 21.00
Deadline: 1 May 2013
*

MUSICAPOI <http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3338>
Entry Fee: 0.00
Deadline: 1 May 2013
*

New Muse Piano Duo announces a call-for-scores
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3223>
Deadline: 1 May 2013
*

The North Dakota State University Edwin Fissinger Choral Composition
Competition <http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/2758>
Entry Fee: 25.00
Deadline: 1 May 2013
*

The Philadelphia Chapter of the American Composers Forum announces
its Young Composers Scholarship
<http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3396>
Deadline: 1 May 2013
*

Young New Yorkers <http://www.composerssite.com/opportunity/3386> '
Chorus - 10th Annual Competition for Young Composers
Entry Fee: 25.00
Deadline: 1 May 2013
*

2nd INTERNATIONAL COMPOSERS COMPETITION